Wishlist: DTK embedded Linux w/ kexec support

Charles Duffy Charles_Duffy at messageone.com
Tue Jun 17 14:52:25 CDT 2008

Howdy, all.

I'm looking at the DTK's embedded Linux distribution, and it appears
quite handy -- but the use of an older kernel w/o kexec support (and
thus the requirement starting a subsequent install stage involve
configuring a bootloader and rebooting to invoke it) seems pretty
unfortunate.

Are there any plans to address this? I'd *really* like to be able to
download and invoke my next stage's kernel and initrd directly from the
DTK's embedded distribution, but rebuilding all the kernel modules &c.
included gives me pause wrt. taking such action myself.

Thanks!