RHEL3 on an R300

Mike P Moore Mike.Moore at appliedbiosystems.com
Mon Jun 16 13:46:13 CDT 2008

A possible option would be to use RHEL 5 as a host os, and then run a RHEL
3
virtual machine for the Weblogic server.  This gives you the (possible)
benefit
of having hardware in the VM that RHEL 3 supports, plus the ability to
recover
quickly in the case of a disaster as you only have to relocate the VM.

- Mike

Michael P. Moore
Senior Network Engineer
Applied Biosystems - High Throughput Discovery Division
P: 508-383-7486
ONNET: 685-7486

"Mark Baxter" <Mark.Baxter at visma.com>
Sent by: linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com
06/16/2008 10:14 AM

<linux-poweredge at dell.com>
cc

Subject
RHEL3 on an R300

Hi,

Has anyone tried RHEL3 on an R300? I know that RHEL3 is old, but
unfortunately I am stuck with it for now as the version of Weblogic that
we use isn?t passed for RHEL4. Most of the servers on Dell?s site don?t
seem to have been tested against RHEL3 and of those that have there
doesn?t seem to be any of the cheaper alternatives.

So, does anyone have any experience?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Mark Baxter

Mark Baxter
OnDemand Administrator
Visma Proceedo AB
Rålambsvägen 17, vån 12, S-112 59 Stockholm, Sweden

Switchboard
: +46 8 522 930 30
Direct
: +46 8 522 930 60
Mobile
: +46 73 978 92 60
Fax
: +46 8 58 88 48 29
Internet
: http://www.vismaproceedo.com
E-mail
: mark.baxter at visma.com

Ekonomisystem - Elektronisk fakturahantering - Redovisning - Tid- och
projektstyrning - Säljstödssystem - Lön - Inkassotjänster - Inköp -
Butiksdatalösningar - E-handels- och webblösningar

This communication is intended for the person(s) named above only. It
contains information that is confidential and legally privileged. If
received in error, please delete this e-mail and notify the sender.