Problems with network card

larry eastwind gkmcc2001 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 15 21:12:20 CDT 2008

Hi again.
 Thanks for replying to me.
 Here is the output of the lsmod on the two systems
 I am currently using the  realtek into a pci slot with the onboard nics turned off.

 This is slackware 12. This is the system I realy want to use.

Module                  Size  Used by
ipv6                  254496  23
pcmcia                 34988  0
pcmcia_core            36500  1 pcmcia
capability              7304  0
commoncap               9344  1 capability
lp                     13736  0
parport_pc             27812  1
parport                34760  2 lp,parport_pc
pcspkr                  6528  0
psmouse                39048  0
8139too                25472  0
shpchp                 33172  0
mii                     8576  1 8139too
serio_raw               9220  0
ata_generic             9220  0
pata_serverworks       11656  0
i2c_piix4              11276  0
sworks_agp             11424  0
agpgart                31432  1 sworks_agp
pata_sil680            10756  0
sg                     30364  0
evdev                  11904  1

This is knoppix. This is going now. I am using it to send this email.

Module                  Size  Used by
agpgart                30512  0
autofs4                18820  1
af_packet              20104  0
ext3                  124552  1
jbd                    65060  1 ext3
8139too                25600  0
mii                     7808  1 8139too
i2c_piix4              11408  0
i2c_core               21248  1 i2c_piix4
parport_pc             38596  0
parport                33480  1 parport_pc
8250                   41692  0
serial_core            21120  1 8250
usbhid                 42176  0
pcmcia                 21776  0
yenta_socket           21896  0
rsrc_nonstatic         12160  1 yenta_socket
pcmcia_core            42272  3 pcmcia,yenta_socket,rsrc_nonstatic
video                  18308  0
thermal                14984  0
processor              24552  1 thermal
fan                     7300  0
container               7296  0
button                  7168  0
battery                12420  0
ac                      7556  0
genrtc                 12060  0
unionfs               109944  1
cloop                  18848  1
sbp2                   24456  0
ohci1394               33028  0
ieee1394              300600  2 sbp2,ohci1394
usb_storage            63296  0
ub                     18332  0
ohci_hcd               21896  0
uhci_hcd               31376  0
ehci_hcd               31752  0
usbcore               101496  7 usbhid,usb_storage,ub,ohci_hcd,uhci_hcd,ehci_hcd
aic7xxx               169016  2

"L.P.H. van Belle" <belle at bazuin.nl> wrote: Hi,

first, tell us what server your using.
2) tell me the kernel version of your slackware 12.
3) boot with knoppix and do "lsmod'
boot with slackware and do "lsmod"

email the output of dmesg to the list.

then maybe we can help.