RAID5 or RAID50 for database?

Brian A. Seklecki (Mobile) bseklecki at collaborativefusion.com
Sat Jun 14 23:41:31 CDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-05-22 at 22:19 +0800, mcclnx mcc wrote:
> we have DELL 6800 server with 12 internal disks in it.  O.S. is CENTOS
> 4.6 and SCSI control card is PERC 4e/di.

RAID5 + RDBMS = BAARF:

http://www.baarf.com/

~BAS

> We plan to configure 4 disks (5,8,9,10) as RAID5 or RAID50.  This
> logical volume will be use as file systems and store database backup

IMPORTANT: This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If the reader of this message is not an intended recipient (or the individual responsible for the delivery of this message to an intended recipient), please be advised that any re-use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.