mirroring the dell hardware repository ?

MA Martin Andrews (5542) MAndrews at ag.com
Fri Jun 13 16:31:20 CDT 2008

I am trying to mirror the dell hardware repository from
http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware to a private mirror location so I
can install to our servers that do not have internet access. The
bootstrap.cgi script implies that you can set up such internal mirrors
but it looks like I need from configuration to our internal web server
(apache) to make the mirror active. Can you provide documentation for
configuring the mirror server?

Tried standard dell support and I guess they don't support the
repository it appears. Maybe this list can help. I read through the FAQ
( http://linux.dell.com/wiki/index.php/Repository/FAQ ) without luck.

I have the repository synced to a local server ops1 - but if I try to
get the bootstrap script from my local copy I get:

[root at ops1 yum.repos.d]# curl
http://localhost/yum/dell/hardware/bootstrap.cgi
<title>403 Forbidden</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Forbidden</h1>
on this server.</p>
<hr>
<address>Apache Server at localhost Port 80</address>

Looks like I need to enable cgi for some of the synced repository.
Anyone know what apache configuration I need for my local mirror?

- Martin

----

Martin Andrews
AG Interactive