ipmi sel list on SC1435

Hall, James hall.jf at pg.com
Fri Jun 13 09:52:12 CDT 2008

Is there a way to determine which DIMM module these events are referring
too without having to reboot the system and run the Dell memory
diagnostics, or install DSET? We thought there might be some kind of
mapping for the sensor 0x1b, but it appears not to be the case as we did
run memory diags and the error moved from slot4 to slot3. We are pretty
sure the mainboard is at fault, but we wanted to be able to identify the
module via ipmi if possible.

System is a PowerEdge SC1435, RHEL4.4 (2.6.9-55.0.12.ELsmp),
openipmi-33.13.RHEL4-1dkms

SEL Record ID          : 0001
 Record Type           : 02
 Timestamp             : 05/16/2008 05:59:39
 Generator ID          : 0020
 EvM Revision          : 04
 Sensor Type           : Event Logging Disabled
 Sensor Number         : 72
 Event Type            : Sensor-specific Discrete
 Event Direction       : Assertion Event
 Event Data            : 02ffff
 Description           : Log area reset/cleared

SEL Record ID          : 0002
 Record Type           : 02
 Timestamp             : 05/16/2008 14:50:30
 Generator ID          : 00b1
 EvM Revision          : 04
 Sensor Type           : Memory
 Sensor Number         : 1b
 Event Type            : Generic Discrete
 Event Direction       : Assertion Event
 Event Data            : a1f008
 Description           : Transition to Non-critical from OK

SEL Record ID          : 0003
 Record Type           : 02
 Timestamp             : 05/16/2008 14:56:10
 Generator ID          : 00b1
 EvM Revision          : 04
 Sensor Type           : Memory
 Sensor Number         : 1b
 Event Type            : Generic Discrete
 Event Direction       : Assertion Event
 Event Data            : a2f008
 Description           : Transition to Critical from less severe

SEL Record ID          : 0004
 Record Type           : 02
 Timestamp             : 05/16/2008 15:55:31
 Generator ID          : 00b1
 EvM Revision          : 04
 Sensor Type           : Event Logging Disabled
 Sensor Number         : 06
 Event Type            : Sensor-specific Discrete
 Event Direction       : Assertion Event
 Event Data            : a0f008
 Description           : Correctable memory error logging disabled

SEL Record ID          : 0005
 Record Type           : 02
 Timestamp             : 12/31/1969 19:00:09
 Generator ID          : 0020
 EvM Revision          : 04
 Sensor Type           : Physical Security
 Sensor Number         : 73
 Event Type            : Sensor-specific Discrete
 Event Direction       : Assertion Event
 Event Data            : 8002ff
 Description           : General Chassis intrusion

SEL Record ID          : 0006
 Record Type           : 02
 Timestamp             : 12/31/1969 19:00:14
 Generator ID          : 0020
 EvM Revision          : 04
 Sensor Type           : Physical Security
 Sensor Number         : 73
 Event Type            : Sensor-specific Discrete
 Event Direction       : Deassertion Event
 Event Data            : 8002ff
 Description           : General Chassis intrusion

SEL Record ID          : 0007
 Record Type           : 02
 Timestamp             : 06/07/2008 22:04:38
 Generator ID          : 00b1
 EvM Revision          : 04
 Sensor Type           : Memory
 Sensor Number         : 1b
 Event Type            : Generic Discrete
 Event Direction       : Assertion Event
 Event Data            : a1f004
 Description           : Transition to Non-critical from OK

SEL Record ID          : 0008
 Record Type           : 02
 Timestamp             : 06/07/2008 22:39:12
 Generator ID          : 00b1
 EvM Revision          : 04
 Sensor Type           : Memory
 Sensor Number         : 1b
 Event Type            : Generic Discrete
 Event Direction       : Assertion Event
 Event Data            : a2f004
 Description           : Transition to Critical from less severe