Red Hat ES 4 update 2 on PE2950

christian.peper at kpn.com christian.peper at kpn.com
Thu Jun 12 03:22:35 CDT 2008

Jon,

yes I believe your Red Hat version does not offer a PERC/6i driver.
You can
* install RHEL ES 4u6 or RHEL 5.x
* provide the necessary PERC drivers at boot during the install

Dell should provide those drivers, but I have my doubts whether your
type of pe2950 (which is at mark III) will run well at all on the new
hardware. RHEL 4u2 is really old and I wonder why you're considering
this old OS version?

Chris.