Problems installing DELL Repo running Fedora Core

heiner.wulfhorst at intermoves.de heiner.wulfhorst at intermoves.de
Thu Jun 5 04:23:46 CDT 2008

I copied the repo files from a Centos 5.0 System (where everything worked
fine) and  changed them to el5 and after it didn't work,  i even tried it
with el4 (which didn't work, too).

I'm now trying to download all srvadmin-rpms onto my local server and
install them by hand, which is a lot of work.

Is there anything else checked for information about the running OS or is
it just the path in the repo file?
The Filenames of the RPMs don't contain information about needing a
special OS, so why doesn't yum find any files in the repo?

I found out that i can tell yum to install a local rpm with: "yum install
srvadmin-base-5.4.0-231.i386.rpm".
can i tell yum to search for dependency RPM Files in the local directory,
too?

Well, i would really like to know how you other guys running Fedora Core
got this thing working...
I can't belive i'm the only one who is trying this...

Best regards,

Heiner Wulfhorst

Intermoves AG
Technologiepark 19
33100 Paderborn

Adam Williams <awilliam at mdah.state.ms.us>
04.06.2008 20:02

An
heiner.wulfhorst at intermoves.de
Kopie
linux-poweredge at dell.com
Thema
Re: Problems installing DELL Repo running Fodora Core

did you change fc to el5?  i think that is in /etc/yum.d/repos/dell.repo

heiner.wulfhorst at intermoves.de wrote:

Hi List,

we have a PE850 Server running Fedora Core 5. Whe i try to install the
srvadmin RPM-Packets, executing the bootstrap.cgi script fails:

Downloading GPG key: http://linux.dell.com//repo/hardware/RPM-GPG-KEY-dell

    Importing key into RPM.
Downloading GPG key:
http://linux.dell.com//repo/hardware/RPM-GPG-KEY-libsmbios
    Importing key into RPM.
Failed to download RPM:
http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/latest/emptyrepo//prereq/dell-hw-indep-repository-1-15.noarch.rpm

Trying to download the failed RPM by hand gave me a 404 error.
The Wiki (http://linux.dell.com/wiki/index.php/Repository/hardware) told
me to set "plugins=1" in yum.conf (was already set) and "editing the yum
config and changing "fc" to "el5" ".
The second is confusing me as i don't even have the entry for the repo in
my cfg. So where should i change "fc" to "el5"?

Is this a server problem on dell site (because of the 404), or what did i
do wrong?

Thx for reading, even more for any helping answer! :o)

Heiner Wulfhorst

Intermoves AG
Technologiepark 19
33100 Paderborn

* Tel.  + 49 (0) 52 51 16 13-0
* Fax  + 49 (0) 52 51 16 13-99
* mailto:heiner.wulfhorst at intermoves.de

Vorstand: Volker Herold
Aufsichtsratvorsitzender: Prof. Dr. Uwe Kern
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Paderborn
Registergericht: Paderborn, HRB 3592