BMC Firmware Update causes 1950 to brick

Jens Dueholm Christensen Jens.Dueholm at r-m.com
Wed Jun 4 04:58:34 CDT 2008

Hi Matt,

What about these?

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/format.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&deviceid=10515&libid=29&releaseid=R133888&vercnt=1&formatcnt=0&SystemID=PWE_1950&os=RHEL5&osl=EN&catid=-1&impid=-1

ie. BMC_CPLD_0828_A00.iso and BMC_CPLD_828_A00.exe ?

According to Karl Katzke's first post in this thread they have the correct date (9/27/06) and not 9/25/2006 as the 2 files from your link has.

I have just received a new PE1950 III, and was surprised still to see the urgent update that Karl warned about in the list (and I'm on a tight schedule, so I wont be testing the update to see if it bricks the PE1950 or not..).

Regards,
Jens Dueholm Christensen
Business Process and Improvement, Rambøll Survey IT