Problems installing DELL Repo running Fodora Core

heiner.wulfhorst at intermoves.de heiner.wulfhorst at intermoves.de
Wed Jun 4 03:22:10 CDT 2008

Hi List,

we have a PE850 Server running Fedora Core 5. Whe i try to install the
srvadmin RPM-Packets, executing the bootstrap.cgi script fails:

Downloading GPG key: http://linux.dell.com//repo/hardware/RPM-GPG-KEY-dell
    Importing key into RPM.
Downloading GPG key:
http://linux.dell.com//repo/hardware/RPM-GPG-KEY-libsmbios
    Importing key into RPM.
Failed to download RPM:
http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/latest/emptyrepo//prereq/dell-hw-indep-repository-1-15.noarch.rpm

Trying to download the failed RPM by hand gave me a 404 error.
The Wiki (http://linux.dell.com/wiki/index.php/Repository/hardware) told
me to set "plugins=1" in yum.conf (was already set) and "editing the yum
config and changing "fc" to "el5" ".
The second is confusing me as i don't even have the entry for the repo in
my cfg. So where should i change "fc" to "el5"?

Is this a server problem on dell site (because of the 404), or what did i
do wrong?

Thx for reading, even more for any helping answer! :o)

Heiner Wulfhorst

Intermoves AG
Technologiepark 19
33100 Paderborn

* Tel.  + 49 (0) 52 51 16 13-0
* Fax  + 49 (0) 52 51 16 13-99
* mailto:heiner.wulfhorst at intermoves.de

Vorstand: Volker Herold
Aufsichtsratvorsitzender: Prof. Dr. Uwe Kern
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Paderborn
Registergericht: Paderborn, HRB 3592