DRAC vulnerabilities?

Alec O'Neill alec.oneill at inbox.com
Wed Jun 4 01:54:45 CDT 2008

I recently heard someone claim that you could use Dell Open Manage to break out of a system via the DRAC, but the person couldn't give any specifics.  As the DRACs of all our systems are connected to a single VLAN, this would be a serious security concern.

Does anyone know more about this rumour?

I've been browsing, but all I found so far was a vulnerability in DRAC 4 which can only be exploited if you already have access to the network to which the DRAC 4 is connected.  (http://www.frsirt.com/english/advisories/2007/2908/solution)

Thanks,

Alec