WOL on PowerEdge 2900/2950

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Tue Jun 3 09:24:36 CDT 2008

On Tue, 3 Jun 2008, Torsten Krah wrote:

> Am Dienstag, 3. Juni 2008 15:34:58 schrieb David Duncan:
>> WOL does not persist.  You will need to enable it in rc.local or your
>> halt script.
>
> Thats not the problem - however its not working yet anyway.
> I can sent my magic packet dozen of times, the server does not respond (wakes
> up) - can it be done or not, and how?

I believed, but have never tested, that you need to change the initscripts
the network is not dropped/unloaded before power off.  Whether just setting
network to be on in runlevel 0 is enough or not I don't know.

jh

--
"Good Christian people who wouldn't dream of misbehaving will not catch Aids.
  My message to the businessmen of this country when they go abroad on business