Suggested BMC planar temperature

Alessandro FAGLIA a.faglia at farmol.it
Tue Jun 3 08:11:06 CDT 2008

By means of OMSA and BMC I can get planar temperatures from all my Dell
servers. I guess this is the temperature on the surface of the main board.

I see that in OMSA (5.2) the warning threshold is set from 7 to 48°C,
whilst the failure one from 3 to 53°C.

In my server room I have a rack with 7 servers (different models from
PE860 to PE2950). The door of this rack lets cool air to flow in.

While in the room I have 21°C, the BMC temp reads 30°C.
I'd like to ask which is the best BMC temperature range where servers
should be working in. Is 30°C a good value?

Thanks and regards.

-- Alessandro