mpt-status on LSI SAS 1068, was: RE: humbled by the SC440 andraidmonitoring

Eric Wood eric at interplas.com
Mon Jun 2 15:28:12 CDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bryan Mclellan"
>I haven't used SSM before, but I'm willing to guess it's a similar problem
>to that with mptctl and OMSA [1]. With OMSA the dataeng service [2] has to
>be restarted after the mptctl module is loaded for omsa or omreport to see
>the controller. The binary the script calls on my machine [2] appears to be
>'dsm_sa_datamgr32d' as it sounds like you may be using RPMs and bits may be
>a little different.
>
> Bryan

You are a genius!  That's the hint I needed.

I added "modprobe mptctl" at bootup according to these instructions:
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/sysadmin-guide/s1-kernel-modules-persistant.html

rebooted the server and SSM now works!!!

The 1.5 year old SC440 server might be of some use after all!

Thanks Byran.
-eric