mpt-status on LSI SAS 1068, was: RE: humbled by the SC440 and raidmonitoring

Bryan Mclellan bryanm at widemile.com
Mon Jun 2 14:41:38 CDT 2008

I haven't used SSM before, but I'm willing to guess it's a similar problem to that with mptctl and OMSA [1]. With OMSA the dataeng service [2] has to be restarted after the mptctl module is loaded for omsa or omreport to see the controller. The binary the script calls on my machine [2] appears to be 'dsm_sa_datamgr32d' as it sounds like you may be using RPMs and bits may be a little different.

Bryan

[1] https://subtrac.rc.sara.nl/oss/omsa_2_deb/wiki/FAQ
[2] /etc/init.d/dataeng