SAS 6/iR read write performance

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Jun 2 02:52:31 CDT 2008

Hi,

I installed debian etch on a R300 with the ch from kmuto.
BUT

hdparm test ( hdparm -tT /dev/sda )
resultes in 1700MB/s cached
buffert 4 MB/s !!!!

If i put load on the storage i get errors, when i give lots of load
the server stops working, aka my file system goes to read only.

These bugs are related to old drivers and new firmware.
info found on www.kernel.org, search for mptsas.

fixes are found in 2.6.26-rc4-git

I haved tried these yet, but these bugs look like mine.

my advies :

DONT USE SAS6i/R ( or SAS6i/R ) , and buy a PERC 5/6

I spend about 10 hours trying to get this to work, so i think its cheaper
to buy a PERC 6. these work out of the box.

Louis