SC1435

David Duncan davdunc at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 15:11:45 CDT 2008

On Sun, Jun 1, 2008 at 7:56 AM, Alex Howells <alex.howells at 0wn3d.us> wrote:
> I'm having trouble tracking down exact information on this server. Am
> particularly interested in whether it'll take the newest AMD Opteron
> 'Barcelona' 2347HE processors and whether this'll require a BIOS/BMC
> upgrade, and to what version?
>
> Alex

Alex,

the 2347HE 1.9GHz was supported at the 1.1 release of the Poweredge
SC1435, as well as the dual dynamic power management.   If the server
supports it, then I think (I have never seen this first hand)  you
should see a Roman Numeral "II"  on the face of the server.  It could
also be an earlier revision (no Roman Numeral)  with a later
motherboard from part refresh.

What is the part number of your Motherboard?  you should be able to
find the fru if you have OpenManage installed.  One part number which
supports the 2347HE is U726G.

HTH,

David.

--