Poweredge 2500 and Ubuntu 7.10 server

Scott Adams scottie4442 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 31 13:46:49 CDT 2007

I am trying to install Ubuntu 7.10 server to my
Poweredge 2500, the problem is that it keep telling me
that my disk is messed up, it fails the CD defect
test.  I have tried to burn multiple copies of the
disk with no luck, I also have re-downloaded the iso
file 3 times still with no luck.  Has anyone run into
this problem and how did they fix it.

Another question I am wondering is, can I install a
DVD or a DVD burner in this box, I do not need a
floppy drive as I do not intend on using a floppy
again ever.

Thanks
Scott