attaching the hosts to the SAN

Harald_Jensas at Dell.com Harald_Jensas at Dell.com
Wed Oct 31 12:51:38 CDT 2007

Hello,

STOP!

You are running RHEL 5, you do not have to install any QLogic HBA driver.

Version 8.01.07-k11 Is included with the kernel. And 8.01.07-k1 is the driver EMC recommend you use.

I suggest you get and install the following 2 packages:

1.       LINUX_AGNT_CLI_6.24.2.5.0.zip                               (NaviSphere Agent and NaviSphere CLI.)

2.       EMCPower.LINUX.5.0.1.Patch.b022.tar.gz            (EMC PowerPath software to handle failover/load balancing.)

NOTE:   You need the correct kernel sources for EMC PowerPath to install.

After this software is installed on the hosts you need to:

1.       Zone your Brocade Switches.

2.       Reboot your servers.

3.       Create RAID Groups, LUNs.

4.       Gather LUNs and the Host you want to see the LUNs in a Storage Group.

5.       Reboot your servers.

6.       Create filesystems on/and mount the /dev/emcpowerX devices _not_ the /dev/sdX devices.

--

Harald