opensuse 10.3 poweredge 1600sc

J. Epperson Dell at epperson.homelinux.net
Mon Oct 29 10:57:39 CDT 2007

regards,
j.

You _are_ reading this bottom to top, right?

Finally, I was misleading with my remark about installing OMSA for SLES
manually on opensuse--it would, of course, only work if you were on
supportable hardware.

The document Kent refers to is one of the examples of the "any number
of...etc" documents that seem to indicate that at least some SCs are
supported.  Note that there are several support matrices in the document
cited, with little or no explanation of what each means.  The situation is
also mucked up by the fact that Dell has made SC-prefixed and suffixed
machines, which are widely different animals.

So much for consistency from the Dell folks on the list.  The actual
linux.dell.com folks (and distinguished emeritus) are consistent about the
issue, but some of the field folks have their own $.02, often based on
their logical interpretation of an "official" document.