Debian Etch and RAM > 2Go on SC1425

Roland JARRY Roland.Jarry at enpc.fr
Fri Oct 26 10:05:42 CDT 2007

Hello,
I've migrated my cluster of SC1425 from Debian Sarge to Etch (amd64) and
upgraded the RAM from 2Go to 4 Go (2x1Go to 4x1Go or 2x2Go depending of
the machines).
All the machines are OK with 4Go RAM and Sarge. But with the same
configuration on Etch, the system freeze after 30 minutes.

I've desactivated all functions non used on the BIOS (sound, USB,
COM,...), put noacpi and nolapic on the boot line command, uninstalled
xserver-xorg. The problem is not resolved. The problem is resolved only
when I put only the 2x1Go RAM of origin.

Thank you for your help.