Manual installation of DRAC console plugin?

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Wed Oct 24 08:43:17 CDT 2007

--On Wednesday, October 24, 2007 9:37 AM -0400 "Brian A. Seklecki"
<bseklecki at collaborativefusion.com> wrote:

> You have to run the client OS they tell you to.  They're shipping
> binaries inside the xpi zip file linked against descrete version of
> libc.

Or in my case, something in Windows. (I'm managing a Linux server from a
Windows client, possible XP32, XP64, or Win2k. And over any of IE6, IE7,
Firefox 2, or Seamonkey.)

> The community needs to write its own client that is platform
> independent.

That would be highly desirable. Open Standards are a Good Thing. They allow
customers to move ahead when the vendor is busy with other priorities. Is
the console protocol an Open Standard?