Clustered storage options -- desperately seeking advice

Chance Reschke reschke at bakerlab.org
Tue Oct 23 11:10:16 CDT 2007

Hi,

We've had great success with Polyserve as a clustered SAN/NFS gateway
(clustered NAS) solution.  The product is also used to do clustered
database stuff.  Dell has sold us the Polyserve software in the past
because we wanted it and because our Dell sales people are great, but
I'm not sure how willing they'll be now that Polyserve is owned by HP.

On the storage hardware side of things, you might find better price/
performance elsewhere.  The Dell/EMC fibre channel gear is
expensive.  Ingenio gear resold through Sun and SGI (and others, I'm
sure) might be worth considering.  If this is really important stuff,
all of the major SAN storage hardware vendors can sell you
replication and snapshot upgrades to their gear.

  - Chance

--
Chance Reschke
Department of Biochemistry