ipmitool: activating "cpu temp" sensor

heiner.wulfhorst at intermoves.de heiner.wulfhorst at intermoves.de
Mon Oct 22 07:17:48 CDT 2007

Hi All!

We are using OpenIPMI-tools for monitoring our Dell PE 860 and 2950
Servers (OS=CentOS 5.0) with Zabbix.

After installing OpenIPMI...:
[root at mail-1-dgh zabbix-1.4.2]# yum install OpenIPMI OpenIPMI-tools
[root at mail-1-dgh zabbix-1.4.2]# rpm -qa|grep -i ipmi
OpenIPMI-tools-2.0.6-5.el5.3
OpenIPMI-libs-2.0.6-5.el5.3
OpenIPMI-2.0.6-5.el5.3

... we must see that our needed sensor (CPU Temp) is disabled:
[root at mail-1-dgh zabbix-1.4.2]# ipmitool sdr list
Temp             | disabled          | ns

How can i activate it the easiest way? I didn't find the correct docs for
this... :(

With regards,

Heiner Wulfhorst

Intermoves AG
Technologiepark 19
33100 Paderborn

* Tel.  + 49 (0) 52 51 16 13-0
* Fax  + 49 (0) 52 51 16 13-99
* mailto:heiner.wulfhorst at intermoves.de

Vorstand: Volker Herold
Aufsichtsratvorsitzender: Prof. Dr. Uwe Kern
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Paderborn
Registergericht: Paderborn, HRB 3592