OMSA & Raid Enclosures

David Mansfield dell at dm.cobite.com
Fri Oct 19 08:24:15 CDT 2007

You mean you aren't getting a trap?  For that to work you need to:

1) add a 'trapsink' or preferably 'trap2sink' in your /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf or equiv.
2) add a 'traphandler' in /etc/snmp/snmptrapd.conf, I use the email traphandler
3) restart snmpd
4) restart snmptrapd

If you are running centos 5 (others?) you also need to configure access to the snmptrapd from localhost for community public or whatever.

Here are my exact configs on a centos4 box (no access problems like centos5):

at the end of snmpd.conf:
------------------------
# added by me
trap2sink 127.0.0.1 public

# added by omsa
smuxpeer .1.3.6.1.4.1.674.10892.1
--------------------------

the entire snmptrapd.conf:
--------------------------
# added (created) by me
traphandle default /usr/bin/perl /usr/bin/traptoemail -s localhost -f \
	<from email addrsess> <to email address>
---------------------------

Note: the 'smuxpeer' part is what the snmpenable does, I think.

You may need some or all of these packages:

net-snmp-utils-5.1.2-11.EL4.7
net-snmp-libs-5.1.2-11.EL4.7
net-snmp-perl-5.1.2-11.EL4.7
net-snmp-devel-5.1.2-11.EL4.7
net-snmp-5.1.2-11.EL4.7

And make sure snmpd and snmptrapd are running and will automatically restart:

chkconfig snmpd on
chkconfig snmptrapd on
service snmpd restart
service snmptrapd restart