Per CPU Load on Dell w/ AMD/Opteron

Erik Cummings ecummings at PathworksSoftware.com
Thu Oct 18 16:12:02 CDT 2007

Wow - I didn't expect the deafening silence.

Okay - I need to make this a bit more generic...

I would like to monitor the actual PER CPU loads on the AMD Opteron powered Dells that we have.  I have NO problems doing this on the Intel based (Centos 4.5 on x86) but cannot on the AMD based (Centos 4.5 on x86_64).

Currently using SNMP to get the stats to graph for Intel, but the per CPU load values are just NOT included in the MIB on the AMD based boxes...

So, before I write a script to parse the values presented by 'mpstate -P <CPU#>, has anyone else done this?

Erik