perc 3/dc w/pv220s in non-dell system

J. Epperson Dell at epperson.homelinux.net
Wed Oct 17 11:13:59 CDT 2007

On Wed, October 17, 2007 11:49, David Mansfield wrote:
> Is it possible to monitor the above RAID controller and devices with OMSA
> or some other dell software?
>
> OS is CentOS5.
>
> I have omsa in about a dozen dell boxes and like it just fine.
>
> I'd like to be able to generate SNMP traps for raid events, and to
> schedule consistency checks.
>
> If the answer is no, does anyone know if that crappy megamon thing is
> available from LSI these days?

Last time I checked, the PERC 3 wasn't supported in the hardware repo,
e.g. the firmware updates existed but the actual update_firmware process
was broken.  Don't know if OMSA is available/will work or not.

megamon is definitely a PITA in my experience.  I monitor my PERC 3
systems for Bad RAID Things with megarc, a mildly hacked up Big Brother
chkraid.sh script, cron, grep, and the mail command.  megarc 1.04 from
support.dell.com runs fine on Fedora 7 (2.6.9.22).