3 x PE1950 CentOS/RHEL 5 + MD3000 single path non-HA

Michael Jarrett maj at officelink.net.au
Tue Oct 16 19:17:02 CDT 2007

Hi All,
    We have 3 PE1950's running RHEL 5 with an MD3000 disk array attached.
The three servers are connected in a single path arrangement with the
first two being connected to controller A, the third server on controller B.

I've mapped the LUN to all three hosts in the group, and used the
following firmware to allow all three to use the LUN without causing the
array to go into non-optimal mode.
Current configuration
      Firmware version:                             06.17.77.60
      NVSRAM version:                               N133X-617890-715

My problem however is it seems that I cannot get all three servers using
the array at once without getting buffer IO errors.
I found a workaround on the Array by setting all hosts to windows MSCS
single path, but this has adversely affected performance.

Is there any nice way to allow all hosts to be set as Linux and use
single path arrangement? I've tried installing the rdac drivers provided
but they seem problematic when reaching init, and when it does boot the
machine, it still complains when another machine uses the array.
Any thoughts?
-Michael Jarrett