questions about a PERC in a 2950

Chris Stromsoe cbs at cts.ucla.edu
Tue Oct 16 11:41:17 CDT 2007

Thanks.  Is that a field replaceable item?  I ordered a couple of 2950s
with SAS 5i controllers and got them delivered with PERC controllers
instead.

If I build drives as single-drive raid0 units and put filesystems on them,
then swap out the PERC controller for a SAS 5i controller, will the SAS 5i
read the drives ok, or does the PERC allocate space on the drive in a way
that will break things when switching over to the SAS 5i?

-Chris