questions about a PERC in a 2950

Tue Oct 16 08:25:33 CDT 2007

You have to remove the PERC and replace it with a SAS 5/i. There is only
one of these controllers in the systems at a time.

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com
[mailto:linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com] On Behalf Of Chris Stromsoe
Sent: Monday, October 15, 2007 7:45 PM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: questions about a PERC in a 2950

I have a couple of 2950s that have PERC controllers.  I'd like to
disable
the PERC controller and drop back to using the SAS 5i controller.  Is
that
possible / something that I can do in the field by fiddling with
switches,
or does it require parts replacement?  If it's not possible, is it
possible to use the PERC as a straight SCSI controller, without having
make each drive into single disk raid0?

Thanks.

-Chris