kernel-hugemem and unmounting fs

Dimitri Yioulos dyioulos at firstbhph.com
Tue Oct 16 07:50:16 CDT 2007

Hi, folks.

The other day, I added 4GB of memory to a PE2600 running CentOS 3, bringing
the total to 6GB.  When the system didn't access more than 4GB, I installed
kernel-hugemem-2.4.21-52.EL ---> problem solved.  However, now at shutdown or
reboot, there seems to be a hang when the system reaches the "unmounting
filesystems" point.  That forces me to do a hard shutdown (ugh).  Has anyone
else encountered this problem, and what's the fix?

With thanks,

Dimitri

believed to be clean.