1950 and RH AS 2.1

Mon Oct 15 13:50:35 CDT 2007

The problem is that RHEL AS 2.1 implies a certain older 2.4 kernel. The driver is in the upstream kernel and has been since sometime in the 2.6 kernel development lifetime. There are backports to 2.4 but your mileage may vary trying to get it to work in the RHEL AS 2.1 kernel as the earliest kernel I know of to have a successful port is the RHEL 3u6 kernel. But there is certainly nothing stopping you from back porting this, I just don't know of any backports to the kernel in question.

From: DoDger_web [mailto:dodger_web at yahoo.fr]
Sent: Monday, October 15, 2007 12:11 PM
To: Boyd, Patrick
Cc: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: Re: 1950 and RH AS 2.1

but aren't the drivers all included upstream (i mean in the kernel source) ?
in that case a simple kernel compilation would be sufficient.

we absolutely need the RHAS2.1 to be consistent ith the other servers and a provider matrix compatibility

Patrick_Boyd at Dell.com a écrit :

The oldest OS supported on the hardware is RHEL 3 update 6. I'm not aware of the drivers being backported farther back than that. But if you must I would look at the drivers for that release.