Centos/RedHat 5 on a 1550?

Robert von Bismarck robert.vonbismarck at vtx-telecom.ch
Mon Oct 15 09:09:12 CDT 2007

Hi,

Maybe not exactly the same hardware, but we run Centos4.5 on a couple PE2550's.
The ethernet is a broadcom BCM5700 and the Perc3/Di(adaptec aacraid) are recognized out of the box by Centos.

The only issue we have is that OMSA 4.x will crash the box with a kernel panic in the 'dcdesm' module. Removing OMSA is a simple workaround for that issue. Dell support response was "OMSA is not supported by dell on rhel4/5 on this hardware". As we don't have those machines on frontline production it's not too much of an issue for us.

Hope this helps,

Robert