Sata Raid 6 channel controller monitoring

Mon Oct 15 08:29:08 CDT 2007

OMSA will monitor this controller.

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com
[mailto:linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com] On Behalf Of Leopold
Palomo-Avellaneda
Sent: Monday, October 15, 2007 3:26 AM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: Sata Raid 6 channel controller monitoring

Hi,

I just have a simple question that begins to worry to me. We have a
PowerEdge
1800 with a sata raid controller (6 channels) with 4 hds configured in
Raid5.

We have installed a debian stable (now etch, before sarge)  and it's
running
without any problems since one and half year 24/7

I configured the raid using the hardware raid in the bios. I choose the
partition schema and when I install the OS, the kernel (2.6) recognized
the
resulting partitions of the raid without any problem (using aacraid
module)

Now I'm a bit worry because I don't have any tool to monitor the state
of the
hds. I have installed the afaapps tools but when I try to use the afacli

command doesn't it doesn't find any controller. On this page [1] I found
that
the aacraid modules doesn't show any status. But I didn't create the
raid
using the afacli soft. I created it using the bios driver.

So, how can I check the state of the raid?

Regards,

Leo

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/LinuxRaidForAdmins