PE1950 - EnergySmart - any disadvantages?

Faris Raouf asterisk at raouf.net
Mon Oct 15 06:18:00 CDT 2007

Hi all,

We are going to purchase another PE1950 very shortly but we are concerned
about power consumption. Our sales rep has suggested the EnergySmart version
of the PE1950 which, using the online power calculator thing, looks like it
will save us about 0.26A which is actually quite significant since we are
co-located in one of the horribly expensive London data centres.

Are there any "gotchas"/disadvantages to opting for the EnergySmart
versions? We'll be running Centos/RedHat5 on it.

Thanks,

Faris.