Sata Raid 6 channel controller monitoring

Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda lepalom at wol.es
Mon Oct 15 03:26:21 CDT 2007

Hi,

I just have a simple question that begins to worry to me. We have a PowerEdge
1800 with a sata raid controller (6 channels) with 4 hds configured in Raid5.

We have installed a debian stable (now etch, before sarge)  and it's running
without any problems since one and half year 24/7

I configured the raid using the hardware raid in the bios. I choose the
partition schema and when I install the OS, the kernel (2.6) recognized the
resulting partitions of the raid without any problem (using aacraid module)

Now I'm a bit worry because I don't have any tool to monitor the state of the
hds. I have installed the afaapps tools but when I try to use the afacli
command doesn't it doesn't find any controller. On this page [1] I found that
the aacraid modules doesn't show any status. But I didn't create the raid
using the afacli soft. I created it using the bios driver.

So, how can I check the state of the raid?

Regards,

Leo

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/LinuxRaidForAdmins