Hi I'm having a very scary issue with a PE1900 and CentOS 5

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Fri Oct 12 08:59:41 CDT 2007

About once a month I have to reboot this Dell 1900 /w a Cerc 1.5/6 RAID controller in it because it just simply stops doing any I/O.

When I reboot it, I notice that the raid array's status is "Quick Init" after it boots up it works fine for a month, and then I have to reboot it again.

If I'm not mistaken "quick init" means that its scrubbing the drives?

Anyone know what is going on here and how I can avoid this?

Thanks,
-Drew