omconfig - can not set threshold value

Kuba Ober kuba at mareimbrium.org
Wed Oct 10 16:56:58 CDT 2007

> As I know you can not set threshold temp for processors. It is possible
> only for one temp. probe Ambient temperature or sth. like this. I also
> would like to change it for my procs from 120 to let's say 80 deg. because
> I have water cooling. Strange but before I upgraded bios in my PE2850 to
> newest version warning for proc was 90 now it is 120. Or maybe someone have
> an idea how to do it?

It looks like Dell had entered into a spiral of selling undocumented,
half-implemented products. If they can't get something as simple as
temperature monitoring to work in line with common expectations, I'm scared
to think of what else is going on there.

The problems with hardware RAID implementations, that sometimes drag on for
years (this applies to the hardware, the firmware, drivers and utilities),
are just as inexcusable.

You'd think that Dell could stay on top of the basics, at least. Instead, they
peddle overblown tools for simple problems, loose functionality on every
other update, and generally remind me of Zilog and their ZDS II C compiler
for eZ8. There, instead of fixing bugs, they just crippled it more with each
version.(*)

Cheers, Kuba

(*) Interestingly enough, their ZNEO compiler fares much better on the code
generation front.