omconfig - can not set threshold value

John Parnefjord John.Parnefjord at kib.ki.se
Tue Oct 9 14:24:10 CDT 2007

Hi!

The other day I was trying to test a snmp trap by lowering the maximum
warning temp threshold value for the first processor. So I ran omconfig
and the following error message was thrown in my face:

server:~/# omconfig chassis temps index=0 maxwarnthresh=35
Error! Maximum warning temperature threshold setting unavailable on this
probe.

It's not likely that I'm not supposed to be able to adjust this value,
or is that the case? Does anyone have a clue? But on the other hand I
can for example reset the esm log using omconfig.

The system is running OMSA 4.4.1 on a Dell PowerEdge 2850 with Debian
Sarge.

Mods loaded:
dcdtvm
dcdesm
dcdipm
dcdbas

Looking at available processes I find these OMSA daemons:

/opt/dell/srvadmin/dataeng/bin/dcstor32d
/opt/dell/srvadmin/dataeng/bin/dcevt32d
/opt/dell/srvadmin/dataeng/bin/dcsnmp32d
/opt/dell/srvadmin/oma/bin/omsad32

Perhaps it time to upgrade to OMSA 5?

Cheers
// John