RAID Monitoring for all 8/9Gs PEs using Nagios Plugin

Tue Oct 9 09:33:39 CDT 2007

If I had to guess I'd say that your firmware is out of date. When you
run omreport storage controller there should be a field labeled
"Required Firmware Version" upgrade to that and you should be all set.

From: linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com
[mailto:linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com] On Behalf Of Adrian Gajan
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2007 9:21 AM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: RAID Monitoring for all 8/9Gs PEs using Nagios Plugin

Hello,

I`ve installed the omreport package with necessary depedencies and using
following nagios plugin:
http://www.nagiosexchange.org/DELL_Server.61.0.html?&tx_netnagext_pi1[p_
view]=433
<http://www.nagiosexchange.org/DELL_Server.61.0.html?&tx_netnagext_pi1%5
bp_view%5d=433>

Everything is working fine, but there are a few boxes which reports
"Non-critical/Degraded" Status instead of "Ok/Online":)
Executing omreport storage controller shows:

Controllers
ID                                : 0
Status                            : Non-Critical
Name                              : PERC 4e/Si
Slot ID                           : Slot Not Available
State                             : Degraded

Executing omreport storage pdisk controller=0 shows:

Controller PERC 4e/Si (Not Available)
ID                        : 0:0
Status                    : Ok
Name                      : Physical Disk 0:0
State                     : Online

ID                        : 0:1
Status                    : Ok
Name                      : Physical Disk 0:1
State                     : Online

Executing omreport storage vdisk controller=0 shows:

ID                  : 0
Status              : Ok
Name                : Virtual Disk 0
State               : Ready
Progress            : Not Applicable
Layout              : RAID-1
Size                : 279.38 GB (299976622080 bytes)
Device Name         : /dev/sda
Type                : SCSI
Read Policy         : Adaptive Read Ahead
Write Policy        : Write Back
Cache Policy        : Direct I/O
Stripe Element Size : 64 KB

So, as you can see, both harddrives are online and ok, so why is the
"omreport storage controller" command showing the array as in
"non-critical" state? Is it a known bug, is there a way how to fix that?

Thanks,
--
Rgds,
Adrian Gajan