Kernel Panic from bnx2 kernel module

John Baxendale John.Baxendale at zendor.com
Mon Oct 8 05:24:38 CDT 2007

Hello all,

I experienced a kernel panic this morning on one of our Dell PowerEdge
servers running RHEL5. The system is fairly standard in it's config,
running only (32bit) RHEL5 provided packages.

Looking at the error the offending module seems to have been bnx2, which
I believe is the Broadcom extreme driver for the integrated NIC on the
newer 2950's.

EIP is at bnx2_poll+0xe7/0x91a [bnx2]

Anyone else seen this before? I'm not too worried just yet as we've only
experienced this once in over a 100 days of uptime, but it got me out of
bed at 6am L

Regards,

John Baxendale

IT Support, Zendor.com Ltd.

This message has been scanned by F-Secure Anti-Virus for Microsoft Exchange 2003. For more information, visit http://www.f-secure.com/

This email and any attachments are confidential. They may contain privileged information and are intended for the named addressee(s) only. They must not be distributed without our consent. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately and do not disclose, distribute or retain this email or any part of it. Unless expressly stated, opinions in this email are those of the individual sender and not Zendor.com Ltd (N Brown Group plc) or any of its subsidiaries. You must take full responsibility for virus checking this email and any attachments.

Please note that the content of this email or any of its attachments may contain data that falls within the scope of the Data Protection Acts and that you must ensure that any handling or processing of such data by you is fully compliant with the terms and provisions of the Data Protection Act 1984 and 1998.

Zendor.com Ltd (N Brown Group plc). Registered office: Griffin House, 40 Lever Street, Manchester, M60 6ES. Registered in England No. 3859136.