OT: Thoughts on automated RE-deployment?

Mike M saetaes at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 11:19:38 CDT 2007

On 10/5/07, Ray Van Dolson <rvandolson at esri.com> wrote:
> I know Dell has deployment tools but I am curious if anyone has any
> experience tackling an automated _redeployment_ (driven by an end user)
> scenario.  We're not afraid of doign some coding/configuring and our
> users are savvy enough to not necessarily need a glitzy GUI.

Take a look at Cobbler, and in particular Koan:

http://cobbler.et.redhat.com/index.php
http://cobbler.et.redhat.com/docs/koan.html

Though I've never used Koan (only Cobbler) its docs say, "When using
'--replace-self', cobbler will reprovision the system, blowing away
any current data and replacing it with the results of a network
install."

Hope this helps.

Mike