sbin/afacli tool?

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Wed Oct 3 08:44:06 CDT 2007

On Wed, Oct 03, 2007 at 09:04:15AM -0400, J. Epperson wrote:
> On Tue, October 2, 2007 22:27, fred wrote:
> >  Thanks for reply,downloaded
> > http://ftp.us.dell.com/scsi-raid/aacraid-util-rh8.0-i386.tar.gz
> >

> > rpm --install afaapps-2.7-2.i386.rpm
> > error: Failed dependencies:
> >         libartsc.so.0 is needed by afaapps-2.7-2.i386
> >
> > libartsc.so.0, which as far as I find (google)
> > Is some sound synthesizer api/lib......now this has me wondering ??......
> > Neway,tried yum install libartsc.so, no luck (besides I think its an
> > ancient lib
> > anyway)
> > Tried to find it too, anyone got a copy?
> >
> > Whos tool is this afaapps? Dell's ? Its not a open source thing is it?
>
> Ah, my bad.  I somehow read "redhat 7" for "fedora 7" in your original post.
> Try:
> http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&releaseid=R85529&formatcnt=1&fileid=112003
> for afaapps-4.1-0.i386.rpm, which I use on Fedora Core 5.  Just verified
> that it will install without complaints on a Fedora 7 machine although I
> can't verify functionality there (no aacraid controller on the box).
>
> I _think_ afaapps originated with Adaptec, don't know if source is available.

It did, and no, source is not available.

There should be another version of afaapps floating around that doesn't
require libartsc - that was fixed years ago.  It's a false dep - the
code doesn't actually use it, but somehow it was linked against once...

--
Matt Domsch
linux.dell.com & www.dell.com/linux