sbin/afacli tool?

J. Epperson Dell at epperson.homelinux.net
Wed Oct 3 08:04:15 CDT 2007

On Tue, October 2, 2007 22:27, fred wrote:
>  Thanks for reply,downloaded
> http://ftp.us.dell.com/scsi-raid/aacraid-util-rh8.0-i386.tar.gz
>

> rpm --install afaapps-2.7-2.i386.rpm
> error: Failed dependencies:
>         libartsc.so.0 is needed by afaapps-2.7-2.i386
>
> libartsc.so.0, which as far as I find (google)
> Is some sound synthesizer api/lib......now this has me wondering ??......
> Neway,tried yum install libartsc.so, no luck (besides I think its an
> ancient lib
> anyway)
> Tried to find it too, anyone got a copy?
>
> Whos tool is this afaapps? Dell's ? Its not a open source thing is it?

Ah, my bad.  I somehow read "redhat 7" for "fedora 7" in your original post.
Try:
http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&releaseid=R85529&formatcnt=1&fileid=112003
for afaapps-4.1-0.i386.rpm, which I use on Fedora Core 5.  Just verified
that it will install without complaints on a Fedora 7 machine although I
can't verify functionality there (no aacraid controller on the box).

I _think_ afaapps originated with Adaptec, don't know if source is available.

regards,
j.