Change disk controllers - help

Sturgis, Grant Grant.Sturgis at arraybiopharma.com
Mon Oct 1 13:33:43 CDT 2007

I am attempting to add a PERC 3/DC to a system which is currently using
the onboard AIC 7899.

So I added the card, moved the SCSI connector, and configured the disks
in the PERC BIOS (no raid, just simple volumes).

When booting Linux, Grub starts but then a kernel panic:

mkrootdev: label /1 not found.

No surprise since the system probably can't mount the root file system.

Can anyone help me with getting this system booted?  I am guessing I
need to create a new initrd?

I should be able to just plug in the other disk controller and get the
system back online.

Thanks in advance,

Grant

This electronic message transmission is a PRIVATE communication which
contains information which may be confidential or privileged. The
information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity
named above. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that
information is prohibited. Please notify the sender  of the delivery
error by replying to this message, or notify us by telephone
(877-633-2436, ext. 0), and then delete it from your system.