Dell PowerEdge 1850 CPU socket - mystery solved

Marcus Bointon marcus at synchromedia.co.uk
Mon Oct 1 13:22:52 CDT 2007

On 1 Oct 2007, at 14:29, <Kurt_Olsson at Dell.com>
<Kurt_Olsson at Dell.com> wrote:

> 1850 uses Netburst arch, not Core... 771/775 is only for Core (x)
> CPUs.

> 604-pin PGA package in a ZIF socket

That was the vital information I needed, but couldn't find anywhere
on Dell's site. I noticed that not a single CPU upgrade that I saw on
the Dell store mentioned which socket it was for. Even the "how to do
a CPU upgrade" docs don't mention it.

So, anyone want to buy a nice pair of Low Voltage 5148 CPUs in full
working order, recently pulled from a PE 1950 (which was upgraded to
L5320 quads)?

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon
UK resellers of info at hand CRM solutions