patrol reads and megaraid_sas (WAS: [Fwd: What is the "Patrol readstart/stop" snmp alert ?])

Brian A. Seklecki bseklecki at collaborativefusion.com
Mon Oct 1 09:45:57 CDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-10-01 at 08:30 -0500, Patrick_Boyd at Dell.com wrote:
> Ok another thing I would suggest checking is the Patrol Read Rate. I'm
> not sure where this is exposed on megacli but it should be set at <=
> 30%.

Yes you can set it via megacli and we have as part of the testing.

> As for the SAS Backplane firmware, you can use a live CD of linux to
> perform the flash.

Ahh okay so LiveCD + Dell-PE Yum Repo subscribe, install, flash?

Did you have a recommendation on a liveCD?  I think we had a problem
with CentOS 4.5 and keyboard detection.

~BAS

IMPORTANT: This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If the reader of this message is not an intended recipient (or the individual responsible for the delivery of this message to an intended recipient), please be advised that any re-use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is prohibited.  Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.