Dell PowerEdge 1850 CPU socket - mystery solved

Kurt_Olsson at Dell.com Kurt_Olsson at Dell.com
Mon Oct 1 08:29:01 CDT 2007

1850 uses Netburst arch, not Core... 771/775 is only for Core (x) CPUs.

Key Features of the Nocona / Irwindale Processor:

Nocona processor utilizes 1MB L2 cache
Irwindale processor utilizes 2MB L2 cache
604-pin PGA package in a ZIF socket
FSB address will clock at 400MHz, and data at 800MHz.
No termination required for non-populated CPUs (must populate CPU socket
1 first)
Peak Bandwidth at 6.4 GB/s
64-byte Cache line size
Data Inversion
IOQ depth = 12
Source -Synchronous Transfer (SST) 4x per bus clock
Max trans per processor 29
RISC/CISC hybrid architecture
AGTL+ external bus
Compatible with existing x86 code base