Unofficial Dell Linux yum repository broken

Michael_E_Brown at Dell.com Michael_E_Brown at Dell.com
Mon Jan 29 16:51:56 CST 2007

I had an agreement with the OM team to take over maintenance of the meta-RPMS, which I thought was finalized. So, I stopped maintaining my copies of the meta rpms. Turns out somebody dropped the ball. I'm investigating, and in the meantime have put back the meta-rpms.

Can you please check to see that everything looks ok?
--
Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com on behalf of Henk van Lingen
Sent: Mon 1/29/2007 4:31 PM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: Re: Unofficial Dell Linux yum repository broken

On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 11:25:28PM +0100, Sander Steffann wrote:
  > Hi Michael,
  >
  > > Ok, I have added a cron job to update the RHEL repositories
  > > using the old yum metadata format. The repos should be up
  > > to date now. Can you please check it out?
  >
  > The headers look good, but the dell-repository config in up2date contains
  > %{dist}, which up2date does not understand:
  >
  > An HTTP error occurred:
  > Status Code: 400
  > Error Message: Bad Request
  >
  > > Note: I am still working on the meta-rpm problem.
  >
  > Is this the same problem I am having, or is it something different?

  Thats probably about the remark I posted earlier today (no meta-pkgs).

  I didn't have your problem, because I don't use up2date. (my) Yum on
  RHEL4 uses the new format (al least on CentOS)

  Regards,

--
Henk van Lingen, Systems Administrator & DBA                  (o-      -+
Dept. of Computer Science, Utrecht University.                /\        |