Unofficial Dell Linux yum repository broken

Sander Steffann s.steffann at computel.nl
Mon Jan 29 16:36:56 CST 2007

Hi,

>  > Is this the same problem I am having, or is it something different?
>
>  Thats probably about the remark I posted earlier today (no meta-pkgs).

Ok, I'll check the archives.

>  I didn't have your problem, because I don't use up2date. (my) Yum on
>  RHEL4 uses the new format (al least on CentOS)

I can confirm that CentOS yum works fine. It's the stuff in
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources that doesn't work. It turns out that %{dist} does
not get replaced by rhel3 in up2date, and that up2date uses the yum-mirror
line as a normal download-location, which causes it to use silly URLs like
.../software/mirrors-%{dist}.txt/headers/header.info

Replacing %{dist} with rhel3 and removing the yum-mirror line makes
everything work again.

Thanks!
Sander

PS: I am glad that RHEL5 will include yum by default :)